We have extensive experience in developing ecommerce solutions for clients as well creating online marketing strategies and the end to end optimisation of these solutions for many clients and across many industry sectors. We have worked and continue to work with some of the UK’s leading online retailers, including Redcats (Daxon, Vertbaudet and La Redoute), AO.com, Damart, House of Fraser, Fortnum and Mason, Suit Direct, AWT, Barker and Stonehouse, Ben Sherman, Aggregate Industries, Soak and Sleep, Ugg Boots, FGH (Freemans, Kaleidoscope, Grattan and Oli). We understand the most important features of ecommerce design: functionality, usability, upload speed, visual content, website design as well as users being able to read peer reviews before purchasing, ease of finding, searching and filtering products on that website and the ability to zoom in on product images on that website.
Achievements in retail therapy
Some of our key achievements in eCommerce development are:
- We created a new ecommerce platform for a leading UK budget hotel brand. The new site paid for itself in incremental revenue within two weeks of launch.
- We launched the worlds first ecommerce site for wet concrete; a project of no mean feat as the concrete had to be on location within two hours of purchase.
A New Era of eCommerce
Global headwear company New Era wanted a brand-new eCommerce site for their European, Middle Eastern and African markets. The site needed to accommodate a number of existing extensions, including customer relationship management (CRM platforms and translation services while also showing the authenticity and individuality of the New Era brand.
New Era wanted to:
- Be a credible online retailer
- Provide an engaging and interactive experience for their customers
- Tell consistent product stories
- Increase conversion rate to industry average
- Increase the use of all marketing channels
- Develop the website as a customer service platform to reduce call centre reliance
- Grow the site as a purchase platform
- Implement a stock alert system to improve stock reporting and minimise lost sales.
We conducted an extensive Discovery phase. This included workshops with New Era stakeholders and customer to better understand the market, their audience and the current sites flows and barriers.
- We used this insight to recommend a CMS for the brand, Episerver, as well as create user journeys, sitemaps, wireframes and site-wide information architecture
- Our Creative team developed an original and engaging concept to meet the brand’s objectives and showcase more than 200 exciting and original products
- Our technical team worked closely with New Era to carefully integrate the front-end of their new site with their back-end systems. These included:
- SAP: for New Era’s product and stock management
- MotionPoint: for multi-lingual content based on users’ location
- Peerius: for product recommendations based on users’ site journey
- SilverPop: for electronic customer relationship management (eCRM) activities including cart abandonment, marketing campaigns and special offers
- We finished the project with extensive user testing before launch.
In the first 12 months we saw:
- 64% increase in conversion rate
- 34% increase in average page value
- 13% decrease in bounce rate.
“twentysix delivered a robust implementation of enhanced ecommerce using Universal Analytics and Google Tagmanager. We are very pleased with the work. This has enabled us to derive richer product performance data as well as deeper insights on how customers use our website, allowing us to better understand engagement and conversion behaviour on our website.”
Sarah Thompson, EMEA Ecommerce Manager, New Era